RV as permanent residence

Use this section for questions and answers regarding technical aspects of your RV. Please give us details such as the make and model where applicable and a good description of the problem.

Moderator: Cal

RV as permanent residence

Postby shindagin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:15 pm

This is an ignorant question.
Is it possible to set up an RV for permanent habitation in a mobile home park--not a campground but a place where ordinarily people are setting up homes on foundations. i.e.-is it possible to hook up to sewer, water, electric on such a lot?
________
Ecigarettes
Last edited by shindagin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
shindagin

Postby Mickey » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:35 pm

Is it feasable, sure. Are you likely going to find a park that will permit it, depends upon the park and what kind of RV you're talking about. Any mobile home park I might consider living in, they wouldn't permit it.
Mickey

Postby admin » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 am

Shindagin,

No questions are ignorant and all questions are welcomed here. You are looking for information and we will try our best to answer them.

Welcome to our discussions!

It is very easy to set up your sewer, water and electrical systems ... the mobile home park will have these amenities and your RV is equipped to do so, without major alterations.

If you are in an area where freezing tempuratures are encountered, there are other considerations to take into account. Let us know if this is the case, and we will help.

As Mickey says, does the park permit it?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Carl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:37 pm

As already noted..The first thing you need to find out is if the park will allow you to stay there. There is a mobile home park just up the road from where I live and people live there in their travel trailers and motor homes year around. I had a buddy who lived there for five years in his motor home. Just like sitting a mobile home on the lot. As Less noted, if in cold country, you will need to make a few modifications to your plumbing and possibly put a skirt around the entire rig. Carl
Carl

Return to Technical Questions and Reader responses