Doing the research

Please use the general area for all non-technical related questions, comments, or other chit-chat. Thanks!

Moderator: Cal

Doing the research

Postby Rob98801 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:18 pm

We are into the research for a used RV and was wondering what for sale sites have been found.

Of course: Ebay, www. rvtrader.com and rvtraderonline.com are common but are there any others that have a good listing base?

Also does anyone know of a site that lists the sold prices of differant used motor homes?

We are looking for something ilike a 25ft class C, newer than 1995, under $16000 as a starting point.
Rob98801

doing the research

Postby thewiz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:24 pm

I would say RVTraderonline.com too. Lots of pictures of interiors so you can see what they look like and then you can decide what brand and floorplan you want. Go to some rv shows and wander around. Take your camera and when you see stuff you like take a picture.
Don't rush just look.
There are so many used rigs out there you will find just the right one.
John in sunny Clyde, Ca.
thewiz

Postby Russ Chastain » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:16 pm

You can also try http://www.craigslist.com

When we were looking at our travel trailer (thinking of buying), we found a blue book Web site that gave us ballpark book value, similar to checking the book value on a car or truck. Try http://www.kbb.com and http://www.nadaguides.com

- Russ
Russ Chastain

Postby WG » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:44 pm

There is a consigment dealer in Houston, TX, that has a pretty good stock and they have sales about every 60 days.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com
Wayne & Susie Grommet
2007 - Trail Cruiser 30QBSS
2002 - Ford Expedition
EQUAL-I-ZER Hitch
WG

the search continues

Postby Rob98801 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:07 pm

As soon as I read the post about pplmotorhomes.com I went to their site and there was just the motorhome we were looking for, at the right price and even the colors the wife wanted. Picked up the phone and called to make a deposit and the sales person was on the other line taking an order for the unit right then! :evil: :( :cry:

The search continues
Rob98801

Re: the search continues

Postby WG » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:06 pm

Rob98801 wrote:As soon as I read the post about pplmotorhomes.com I went to their site and there was just the motorhome we were looking for, at the right price and even the colors the wife wanted. Picked up the phone and called to make a deposit and the sales person was on the other line taking an order for the unit right then! :evil: :( :cry:

The search continues

I had considered buying a used RV from them but was such a newbie I wasn't sure I could handle the problems (if any).

If they had what I wanted I wouldn't hesitate now but we bought a new Trail-Cruiser for less than what they had a used one listed for. So I am not complaining 8) they do have a large selection and it changes almost every week so keep watching and good hunting
Wayne & Susie Grommet
2007 - Trail Cruiser 30QBSS
2002 - Ford Expedition
EQUAL-I-ZER Hitch
WG

Postby Mikey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:51 pm

I was looking recently for used. Went into a dealer only to find that Used machines at the price point I wanted, was the same as a similiarly equipted new machine due to the dollar being at par. So what I was going to spend on a Used unit, is now going into a spiffy new unit (unless I come across a better used unit for the dollar....hmmmm)

Of course, that only helps the CDN purchaser, doesn't help US folks.
Mikey

Return to General Area